Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sketchbook pt1

hey folks.. been a while



hands! hands! hands!
Recently I've had the dire need to cure my inability to draw hands. I went to university thinking I'd find a solution to my problems, but it was just wishful thinking on my part. I NEEDED to find a way to remedy to this problem

And so, I had to come up with a plan.. I recall something I heard from a podcast from a few years ago where the guest illustrator being interviewed said that JC Leyendecker also had this "handicap" (haha) when he started out and what he did to resolve this problem was that he drew 1000 hands, and the rest is history. Basically, now I'm starting to adopt Leyendecker's 'prescription' of overcoming this problem.. these are just some examples from my sketchbook, using a variety of media..

more sketchbook posts to come soon, so watch this space

laters

No comments: